Thursday, January 12, 2012

THE COL-COR TRANSITION

The College - Corporate Transition


Months in to the job and I have started to think have I changed?
Actually Life has changed
Days when we enjoyed all the weekdays at college and vowed to study at the weekends
Now have become days we work weekdays and vow to enjoy at weekends
The virtual hangout place GMAIL is replaced by OUTLOOK
Even the mails have changed from Dear all, Njoy the mail, Amazing ,Weird, Forward to all to PFA ( Please find attached) ,FYI (For your Information ) , OK, Thnx.
Even the Malls say that I spent more time at the formals section than the casual one.
Management Books have replaced fiction Books
The conversation has changed on chats from Hows life? to Hows Job? as if Job has become my life
Nights when we used to enjoy the Rock Garden Masti have changed now to tuning on to the Business Channel at night to see how your investments, stocks perform today.
But all these seem to be different when I look back home
The smile on mother’s face after receiving a saree from her son’s earned money.
The constant sense of satisfaction on father’s face with a feeling I have waited long for this day to see my son responsible .
To be transferred from the liabilities side to the assets side of family’s balance sheet.
To sense that I have become more responsible more concerned back home.
I would rather say
‘MY PARENTS WHO HAVE LIVED THEIR LIVES FOR ME,
I HAVE STARTED LIVING FOR THEM NOW’

No comments: